Sunday 11 May 2008

Water - glorious water (and mud!)

I told you there'd be more excitement today! We went to one of my favouritest places (apart from the Best Wood). Clumber National Park, which has - wait for it - a Lake! Just for me. I can paddle in it. I can drink it. I can piddle it back out again. It's like a magic Circle of Wonderful. 

We got there early, of course, but the sun was nice and warm. Not too warm. There was noone aound - just the STAFF and I and a whole big lake to play in. Perfect!
I couldn't wait to get into the water. In fact, I didn't wait, and went right in. The STAFF, as always, were reluctant to get their feet wet. But I shared some of the water I accumulated in my coat with them by shaking vigorously. I think THEY really appreciated that.

And then we played Shticks in the water. My favourite!
There is nothing like the taste of slightly soggy wood straight from a lake. If you haven't tried it, well, frankly, you haven't lived!


Now, just look at these little cute feathery balls of fluff. 
Isn't it all a splendid sight?

It was such a great trip out! And even though I tried to run through a wire fence and got stopped very rudely and abruptly in my tracks, it was just perfect. In fact, the whole weekend was just great! I was in such a good mood that I gave the STAFF the evening off and sent them to the cinema. I can be generous to a fault when the mood takes me. 

But now, I must sleep. All this activity has really tired me out. And I am not used to being in such a good mood, so that takes a bit of getting used to. I wonder whether it will last...?


No comments: