There I was carefully chasing a squirrel. As you would. Full speed, through brambles, tree stumps, undergrowth, spiky conkers and whatnot. Anyway, as I said, carefully chasing a squirrel and I must have grazed my paw somewhat.
Now, I treat all grazes the same. Ancient Weimaraner medicinal wisdom. But I don't mind sharing it with you.
- Lick the graze for a few hours (take no breaks)
- when the skin begins to soften, start biting the area (carefully and deliberately)
- note how the graze is now nice and visible and the skin begins to detach from your paw
- repeat Steps 1 - 3 until you are too tired
- take a nap and start again
- now you'll note a nice big sore area
- start limping and look sorry for yourself
Works every time. Or used to work should I say. Look at what the STAFF did to my poor paw. It is never going to heal like that! How can I lick it? How can I bite it?! Just as soon as I have finished dozing in the sun I will take that stupid thing of. Just a couple more minutes....
Note from STAFF: As soon as you notice the execution of Step 1 of ancient Weimaraner medicinal Wisdom, put on a bandage. Do not delay, or a minor scratch will turn into a big sore paw! Sometimes we do know best.