Monday 25 May 2009

warm weekend in wales (really!)

I was a little concerned when the STAFF put the bathtub on the car and got the camping gear together. The weather hadn't been great and I did not fancy spending a weekend sitting in the tent, with the STAFF all wet and miserable (and, frankly, smelly...) just because THEY never have the sense to bring enough towels and blankets to keep everyone dry and warm. Of course, there are ALWAYS enough blankets to keep me warm. First things first, eh!

So, I was a bit concerned when we set off.
But when we arrived I was well chuffed. A big field, with a nice view, and great smells (bacon, sausage, burger, sheep poo, fox poo, cow poo... etc, you get the picture)! I was surveying my new digs with much joy and anticipation for adventure!

But no adventure on an empty tummy, I always say. Well, nothing is much good when your tummy is empty. But anyway, there is something to be said for al fresco dining. Not least because I am  convinced the STAFF hand out bigger portions during these trips. Just as well, really! With all this fresh air, I found myself with a very healthy appetite

Here you see me enjoying a  nice relaxing spot of breakfast, in the great outdoors. I was taking my time and savouring the food. And yet I was done in 82 seconds flat (+ cleaning bowl and drinking time). 

I wish the STAFF would follow my example and speed up THEIR meal times, so that we could get going. I was power napping whilst THEY got ready. No point wasting time and energy!


A least I had a nice spot of sunshine to warm the belly and help the breakfast go down. Aaaah, outdoor living!

And then off to some adventures! Like here in the grounds of Chirk castle. 
And more lying in the sun. What's not to like?

Still, after a day of adventuring and all, I was quite tired and changed my Mount Batchelor pad day bed for my comfy bed. After all, it is important to get the idea across that not everyone wants to rough it. Sure, the STAFF like to think that they are getting back to nature (whatever that means... had they left nature at some point?), but I, I like to be comfortable.

And what is better than watching the sun set over the Welsh hills? And from the comfort of your own bed? It was splendid I tell you!

A magnificent sight, don't you think?


All that staring in the sun made my eyes a bit tender, so I thought I'd give the STAFF's shades a go. THEY can keep them, I tell you. I looked a fool! Not that THEY don't. Well, if someone has to look a fool, I'd rather it wasn't me!

No comments: