Tuesday 18 September 2007

This Lake was made for Boating...apparently...

Went on a nice hike along Ullswater in the Lake District. And it wasn't even raining - quite unusual for this region in my experience!

So far so good.


But, then the STAFF insisted that it would be just soooo much fun to go on a boat trip around the lake. I wasn't so sure. I had never been on one of these boat trips. And I couldn't quite see the benefit of it.

It was sort of OK. I mean, it was freezing cold. Thankfully I had my travel bed and my coat. But I still couldn't quite see why we had to sit outside in the cold. It was fine at first, plenty of people to admire me and tell the STAFF how lucky they were to have me. But then the wind picked up, the temperature dropped and quicker than you could say whimp every sane person went inside where it was warm, and where snacks were served (I saw Oma had a nice hot chocolate...). Apart from the STAFF, of course. I don't know what they were thinking! I'm not giving them time off, if they catch a cold or anything.

In any case, I don't think I'd want to go on another one of these in a rush.



No comments: